• 2015 National Team Identification Series selections announced »
• 30-Yard Dash Times: 11U | 13U | 14U | 16U/17U | Women's
• NEWS & NOTES: 2015 American Elite Baseball Championship (13U NTIS) »
• 2015 NTIS regional information »
• 2015 Bat Guidelines »
The 2015 USA Baseball National Team Identification Series (NTIS) is the most comprehensive player identification program offered by Team USA. With tryouts in every region of the country, players now have greater access to USA Baseball National Team opportunities than ever before. The program includes five separate men's age groups -- 11U, 13U, 14U, 16U and 17U -- and will once again feature a women's division which will consist of 60 players. The 11U, 13U, 14U, 16U and 17U and Women's events will be held at the USA Baseball National Training Complex and the adjoining Thomas Brooks Park.
Five of the age groups (17U, 16U, 14U, 13U and 11U) within the 2015 event will be divided based on 2016 National Team and National Team Development Program (18U NT, 17U NTDP, 15U NT, 14U NTDP, 12U NT) aspirations. The women's division will consist of 16U players who have future Women's National Team aspirations. As per international guidelines, players competing in the NTIS in the five age groups and women's division must conform to the following:
• 2015 17U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 1998, for the 2016 18U NT
• 2015 16U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 1999, for the 2016 17U NTDP
• 2015 14U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2001, for the 2016 15U NT
• 2015 13U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2002, for the 2016 14U NTDP
• 2015 11U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2004, for the 2016 12U NT
• 2015 Women's 16U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 1999, for the 2016 WNT
From the five age groups, USA Baseball will name a minimum of eight players to the 2016 18U National Team Trials; a minimum of 12 players to the 2016 17U National Team Development Program (17U NTDP); and a minimum of 12 players to the 2016 15U National Team Trials; a minimum of 12 players to the 2016 14U National Team Development Program (14U NTDP); a minimum of 12 players to the 2016 12U National Team Trials.
Roster spots for the women's division of the NTIS will be filled via open registration. Players will be divided into two to four teams following the onsite skills evaluation. Each team will play a total of four seven-inning games over the course of the event, with the first game for each team being a coach-pitched simulation game. A minimum of three age-eligible players will earn an invitation to the 2016 USA Baseball Women's National Team Trials.
Each team within the 17U, 16U, 14U, 13U and 11U age groups will play a total of three nine-inning games. The NTIS will present all participating athletes with great national exposure as well as an opportunity to develop their skills through an unparalleled baseball experience.
Of the participating organizations in the event, all of the teams within each age group will be organized on a "regionalized club team" basis, similar to the USA Baseball National Team Championship events (formerly known as the USA Junior Olympic Baseball Championships). As with the USA Baseball Championships, these various baseball programs will be responsible for identifying and selecting 18-player teams which will participate in the event.
American Elite Baseball Championship- (Formerly 13U NTIS)
In partnership with Major League Baseball, we are happy to announce that this year's 13U NTIS will now be known as the American Elite Baseball Championship. While regional identification events for this year's teams will remain the same, teams from fifteen USA Baseball regions across the country, as well as one RBI Program team, will compete against each other in a championship-style, single-elimination tournament. Competition will take place Wednesday, August 12 through Sunday, August 16, 2015, with check-in on Tuesday night. All teams are guaranteed four, seven-inning games with some games being streamed on MLB.com.
• Identification opportunity for the 2016 USA Baseball 18U National Team Trials; all players must be born 1998 or later.
• Identification opportunity for the 2016 USA Baseball 17U National Team Development Program; all players must be born 1999 or later.
• Primary identification opportunity for the 2016 USA Baseball 15U National Team Trials; all players must be born in 2001 or later.
• Identification opportunity for the 2016 USA Baseball 14U National Team Development Program; all players must be born in 2002 or later.
• Identification opportunity for the 2016 USA Baseball 12U National Team Trials; all players must be born in 2004 or later.
• Identification opportunity for the 2016 USA Baseball Women's National Team Trials; all players must be born in 1999 or later.
• Individual skills testing.
• 17U, 16U, 14U, 13U and 11U teams will play three nine-inning games.
• Women's teams will play four seven-inning games.
• To-be-announced guest speakers.
• Participants will receive a USA Baseball National Team Trials style uniform.
• College and university coaches and professional scouts will be in attendance.
• Event held at the USA Baseball National Training Complex -- the home of Team USA.
NTIS Rules and Regulations:
Field dimensions for the USA Baseball NTIS are as follows:
17U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases
16U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases
14U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases*
13U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases*
11U: 51-foot mound, 75-foot bases*
Women's: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases
*14U, 13U and 11U field dimensions may vary at regional tryouts
Bat regulations for the NTIS and all regional tryouts can be found here.
General NTIS Event Schedule*:
Player testing or Symposium
Individual skills testing/evaluation/games
Games until 4 p.m.
*Schedule is tentative and is subject to change
How to get involved:
For general information on the NTIS, please email email@example.com and include the player's birthdate and current state of residence.