- 2017 11U NTIS Schedule
- 2017 13U NTIS Schedule
- 2017 14U NTIS Schedule
- 2017 15U NTIS Schedule
- 2017 16U NTIS Schedule
- 2017 17U NTIS Schedule
- NTIS Fan Guide
- NTIS Pitching Rules
- NTIS Bat Guidelines (13U)
- 13U Registration Day Schedule
- 15U/16U Registration Day Schedule
The 2017 USA Baseball National Team Identification Series (NTIS) is the most comprehensive player identification program offered by Team USA. Players from across the country will participate in selection events and tryouts on the regional level with the aim of ultimately being named to their regional team. Those regional teams will then compete in their respective agre groups against the 15 other regions from across the country at the culminating NTIS event at the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina, in the fall of 2017. The program includes six separate men's age groups - 11U, 13U, 14U, 15U, 16U and 17U. From the final NTIS event, USA Baseball will invite a minimum of 62 players to future National Team Trials, National Team Development Program (NTDP) and Tournament of Stars opportunities with the ultimate goal of being selected to represent our country as a part of Team USA in 2018.
Dates for the 2017 National Team Identification Series in Cary, North Carolina, will be as follows:
13U: August 9-13, 2017 - USA Baseball National Training Complex, Cary, North Carolina
15U & 16U: August 17-20, 2017 - USA Baseball National Training Complex, Cary, North Carolina
11U, 14U & 17U: August 24-27, 2017 - USA Baseball National Training Complex and Thomas Brooks Park, Cary North Carolina
Find Your Region
For those interested in trying out for their regional team, please click your state below to find out more information and registration opportunities within your region:
All six age groups (17U, 16U, 15U, 14U, 13U and 11U) within the 2017 event will be divided based on 2018 National Team and National Team Development Program (18U NT, 17U NTDP, 15U NT, 14U NTDP, 12U NT) aspirations. As per international guidelines, players competing in the NTIS in the six age groups must conform to the following:
• 2017 17U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2000, for the 2018 18U National Team
• 2017 16U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2001, for the 2018 17U NTDP
• 2017 15U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2002, for the 2018 17U NTDP
• 2017 14U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2003, for the 2018 15U National Team
• 2017 13U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2004, for the 2018 14U NTDP
• 2017 11U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2006, for the 2018 12U National Team
From the six age groups, USA Baseball will name a minimum of:
- Six players to the 2018 Tournament of Stars
- Two players to the 2018 18U National Team Trials
- 18 players to the 2018 17U National Team Development Program (17U NTDP)
- 12 players to the 2018 15U National Team Trials
- 12 players to the 2018 14U National Team Development Program (14U NTDP)
- 12 players to the 2018 12U National Team Trials.
The NTIS will present all participating athletes with great national exposure as well as an opportunity to develop their skills through an unparalleled baseball experience.
All of the regional teams within each age group will be put together by our various NTIS Regional Directors. These various regional directors will be responsible for identifying and selecting 18-player teams which will participate in the culminating event in Cary, N.C.
• 16U, 15U, 14U, 13U and 11U teams will compete in a combination of games and on-field skills testing
• NEW THIS YEAR: the 17U age group will feature a pro-style instructional weekend inclusive of game play as well as instruction break-out sessions.
• One on one interaction with USA Baseball Task Force members
• Individual skills testing
• Competition against top players from across the country
• Opportunity to make future Team USA programming
• To-be-announced guest speakers
• Participants will receive a USA Baseball National Team Trials style uniform.
• College and university coaches and professional scouts will be in attendance.
• Event held at the USA Baseball National Training Complex -- the home of Team USA
NTIS Rules and Regulations:
Field dimensions for the USA Baseball NTIS are as follows:
17U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases
16U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases
15U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases
14U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases*
13U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases*
11U: 51-foot mound, 75-foot bases*
*14U, 13U and 11U field dimensions may vary at regional tryouts
Bat regulations for the NTIS and all regional tryouts can be found here.
Player testing or symposium
Friday - Saturday
Individual skills testing/evaluation/games
Games until 4 p.m.
*Schedule is tentative and is subject to change
How to get involved:
For general information on the NTIS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the player's birthdate and current state of residence.